Saturday, July 12, 2008

Developments

Today I woke up and thought it was Friday. Between last Wednesday and today, I lost 24 hours…0.o…

In light of this, I do not have a normal blog post to give you all. Please accept this comic of Inkygirl as a token of my regret.


Credit of this comic goes to: Debbie Ridpath Ohi, of Inkygirl: Daily Diversions for Writer’s.

In lieu of a real post, I do have some interesting personal/blog news:

On July 21rst, Chandler Marie Craig is going to interview me over at Fumbling with Fiction. This is part of her very enjoyable “Featured Writer of the Day” series. It’s also the first time I’ve ever been interviewed. I’m pretty sicced. Please check it out and comment!

As for this blog: In June, I upped my posting schedule from once a week to twice a week. I wanted to regularly talk about writing how-to issues as well as online resources I uncovered, and blogging once a week wasn’t cutting it. But now it seems I’ve taken on too much – besides this blog, I also write my novel, critique other’s work online, and write for a local newspaper. As a direct result of that I feel the blog is suffering.

I started Headdesk because I felt people did a lot of talking about writing, but weren’t learning much. I wanted to write a blog where people could use the topics in their own writing. But now, I don’t have enough time to get to those in-depth topics. And I feel bad about that. So I’m thinking about going back to posting once a week; at least for the summer.

But how do you feel about all of this? Have you noticed the difference? Would you rather have two posts weekly, or more in-depth, once a week posts about the craft of writing? How do you feel about the resources I’ve highlighted and the authors I’ve interviewed? Should I change things? Should I keep them the same?

There’s a poll about all this in the sidebar. Please vote, and let me know your opinions in the comments section. I’m open to ideas.

 

-Creative A 

 

 

 

4 comments:

David Isaak said...

Detail trumps frequency in my view...but a lot of websurfers seem to believe otherwise!

Creative A said...

Thanks for the comment. Personally, that's how I feel about it; quality is very important to me. But I know in the past I *have* gone overboard with that. Nice to know how you feel about this :)

-A

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are posting more often - but if you feel like your blogging is suffering, then you should implement changes as you see fit. It IS your blog, after all. :-)

PS. Love Headdesk by the way. I've been watching and reading for a while now (in a completely non-stalkerish way) and I'm learning a lot it seems! So thanks!

Creative A said...

Thanks Jay. I'm really glad the blog could help you out. (What does 'it seems' mean, I wonder? ;)

Still deciding, but almost there.

-A

Google Analytics