Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Mysterious Case of Mandy Bad Blogger

So you may all have noticed that an impostor has been running the blog lately. That's right. I was going along just fine, when Mandy Bad Blogger snuck out of the shadows, whacked me over the head, and well. Kidnapped me. I barely escaped alive. I wish I could say the traumatic event is over, but she's still out there somewhere. This time the police are on the lookout. They're so helpful, the police.

Anywho. I'm still sorting out the damage Mandy Bad Blogger incurred. The inventory so far is--

  • She shot my Murdered Darling Monday series in the foot. (The doctors say with some rest and physical therapy, the Murdered Darling Monday series should be walking, and even running again soon.)

  • She hid my contest plans and let the prize packs go dusty. (Whole prize packs I have, six books strong, just wasting away on my desk. Can you believe the gall?)

  • She scattered my list of new debut authors for interviews. (Unforgivable.)

  • She swapped up my posting schedule. (Not sure I can salvage this one. May have to start from scratch.)

  • She forgot to water my plants.

Okay. All silliness aside, I really have been a bad blogger lately. That's due to a bunch of things--like  finals, incessant traveling, bad rounds of the flu, and client projects, amongst other yucky stuff. But now most of that's over. And while it was happening, I did a lot of thinking about what I want for this blog and where I'm going as a writer, and how they're connected.

I'm at the point where I think this blog isn't doing enough. It has always been focused on writing, and I'll always need a place to talk about writing, but nowadays I also need a place to talk about all the other cool things I'm doing--like web design, art, multimedia design, etc. I've wanted a more professional venue in which to start posting my smaller published pieces (didn't know I had those, did you? My point exactly)

A vision is starting to come together, but I haven't really had the time to pursue shaping it anything tangible.* So I've been in a bit of a limbo.

I've finally come to the conclusion that yes, I'm going to change things dramatically, yes it will be soon, and yes, it will involve phasing *Headdesk* out in favor of a new, more personalized blog. That's about all I can announce at the moment, however. What it means for right now is that posting will remain sporadic (argh, sorry!) while I work on the new blog. It also means that I hope to make it up to you guys by coming up with something much, much cooler than *Headdesk* has been able to be.

So that's that. In other news, I plan on doing a lot of writing and editing in upcoming months. I've been terribly frustrated with my spotty writing habits this past semester. I intend to use the summer to work on setting up schedules and focusing on creative projects, most important of which is writing. So expect to hear me talking soon about MIRRORPASS editing deadlines, as well as lots of drafting for SHUTTERBUG.

I know all the announcements make this stuff sound blah, but guys, I am really excited about it. Like I get a bit starry eyed when I think about these pieces coming together. I can't wait to see how it goes, can't wait to share it with y'all, and I hope you'll stick around through the confusing bits until the sorting out happens.

I guess the only other bit of business is--how are you all doing? How are your WIP's going? Summer seems like the season for conferences and new novels and such. Share.



Truly and always,
-Creative A


*But I have been very inspired by Maggie Stiefvater, Laini Taylor, and a fellow writer/web designer/blogger, Sophistikate. The ideas are coalescing, people. If you have an example of a super creative blog that combines multiple forms of media and writing, please comment with a link! I'm gathering all the inspiration that I can.

1 comment:

Nata said...

I'm doing good. I'm in Camp Nano, determined to actual finish something. :] I haven't been that active no my blog either, so you're not alone. Good to see you're back though!

Google Analytics